Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the lower control arm. See Lower Control Arm.
- Secure the lower control arm in a vice.
- Drill or grind off the ball stud rivet heads.
- Use a hammer and a drift punch in order to remove the rivets.
- Remove the ball stud from the lower control arm.
- Install the ball stud to the lower control arm.
Install the NEW ball stud bolts facing down, away from the ball stud.
NOTEThis is a prevailing torque type fastener. This fastener may be reused ONLY if: The fastener and its counterpart are clean and free from rust. The fastener develops 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm) of torque/drag against its counterpart prior to the fastener seating. If the fastener does not meet these criteria, REPLACE the fastener.
- Install NEW ball stud nuts, tighten the ball stud nuts to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm).
- Install the lower control arm.