Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
WARNINGLift the vehicle using ONLY a frame contact vehicle lift. Do NOT lift the vehicle using a suspension contact vehicle lift.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the wiper module as follows:
- Open and support the hood.
- Remove the driver side wiper arm
- Remove the passenger side wiper arm.
- Remove the air inlet grille panel.
- Lower the washer container into the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the 4 bolts from the wiper module.
- Carefully guide the passenger side module out first from the opening in the front plenum.
- Pull the module from the drive side fender flange opening.
- Remove the module from the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly, marking the location to the hub assembly. Mark the location of each hub retainer before removal.
- Lower the vehicle.
Remove the strut upper nuts.
- Raise the vehicle.
Scribe the strut to the knuckle position for installation reference.
- Remove the strut lower clamp retaining bolts and nuts.
- Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the strut assembly into position in the vehicle. Ensure the upper studs align with the mounting holes and the lower clamp retaining portion aligns with the steering knuckle holes.
- Lower the vehicle to
- Install the strut upper nuts; tighten the strut upper nuts to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm)
- Raise the vehicle.
Install the strut lower bolts and nuts.
NOTEThis is a prevailing torque type fastener. This fastener may be reused ONLY if: The fastener and its counterpart are clean and free from rust. The fastener develops 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm) of torque/drag against its counterpart prior to the fastener seating. If the fastener does not meet these criteria, REPLACE the fastener.
- Align the strut to the mark on the knuckle; tighten the strut lower nuts to 90 ft. lbs. (123 Nm).
Install the tire and wheel assembly. Tighten the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm) in a criss-cross pattern, after aligning the wheel hub with the reference mark and holes as shown.
CAUTIONBe sure to use the correct fastener in the proper location, according to the illustration provided.
Install the wiper motor module as follows:
- Position the wiper module to the lower plenum in the driver side fender flange opening first.
- Rotate the module into the opening at the passenger side plenum.
- Ensure the rear center mount is secure into the sheet metal flange at the rear of the module.
- Install the wiper module bolts. Tighten the bolts in sequence, as shown, to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.).
- Connect the electrical connector to the motor.
- Install the air inlet grille panel.
- Install the driver side wiper arm and the passenger side wiper arm.
- Secure the washer container.
- Close the hood. Inspect the wiper system for proper operation.
- Inspect the alignment.