Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Support the rear axle.
NOTEOn independent rear suspension vehicles, use a utility stand to slightly raise the rear suspension at the shock absorber to compress the coil spring and relieve some spring tension prior to shock absorber removal.
Remove or disconnect the following:
If the vehicle is equipped with automatic level control, disconnect the air tube connector from the shock absorber
- Install the shock absorber.
- Install the shock absorber bolts and nuts and tighten the shock absorber bolts and nuts to 63 ft. lbs. (85 Nm).
- If the vehicle is equipped with automatic level control, install the air tube connector to the shock absorber.
- Remove the support from the rear axle.
- Lower the vehicle.