Removal & Installation
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly from the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the electronic brake control module (EBCM) harness connector.
- Brush off any dirt/debris that has accumulated on the assembly.
- Disconnect the pump motor connector at the bottom of the EBCM.
- Remove the EBCM to BPMV screws.
- Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by gently pulling apart until separated
- Clean the BPMV surface with alcohol using a clean rag.
- Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
- Install the 6 screws that attaches the EBCM to BPMV. Tighten the top 4 mounting screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm). Tighten screws in an X pattern. Tighten the bottom 2 mounting screws to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Connect the pump motor connector to the bottom of the EBCM.
- Connect the electrical harness connector to the EBCM.
- Install the air cleaner assembly.
- If a new EBCM was installed, the EBCM must be programmed.
- Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position, do not start engine.
- Perform the diagnostic system check.