The accelerator pedal contains 2 individual Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensors within the assembly. The APP sensors 1 and 2 are potentiometer type sensors each with 3 circuits:
The APP sensors are used to determine the pedal angle. The powertrain control module (PCM) provides each APP sensor with a 5-volt reference circuit and a low reference circuit. The APP sensors provide the PCM with signal voltage proportional to the pedal movement. Both APP sensor signal voltages are low at rest position and increase as the pedal is applied.
Removal & Installation
- Remove lower instrument panel insulator panel.
- Remove the electrical connector position assurance clip.
- Disconnect the accelerator pedal position sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the accelerator mounting bolts (1) from the accelerator bracket.
- Remove the accelerator assembly (2) from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten the accelerator pedal nuts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).