Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the spark plug wires. Note the position from which the wires are removed.
- Remove the 2 screws that secure the ignition coil to the ignition control module.
- Remove the ignition coil.
Install the ignition coil.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the two attaching screws and tighten them to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
- Connect the spark plug wires.