Removal & Installation
- Remove the drive belt..
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front tire and wheel.
- Remove the right engine splash shield.
- Install a utility stand beneath the frame right side rail in order to support the frame / powertrain.
- Remove the two frame right side bolts.
Use the utility stand to lower the frame enough to provide access to the crankshaft balancer.
NOTEThe inertial weight section of the crankshaft balancer is assembled to the hub with a rubber type material. The correct installation procedures (with the proper tool) must be followed or movement of the inertial weight section of the hub will destroy the tuning of the crankshaft balancer.
Remove and discard the crankshaft balancer bolt.
- Remove the crankshaft balancer using the J 24420-C .
- Clean and inspect the crankshaft balancer.
- Apply sealer GM P/N 12345739 or the equivalent to the keyway of the crankshaft balancer.
Install the crankshaft balancer into position over the key in the crankshaft.