Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the crankshaft damper. For additional information, refer to the following section, -Crankshaft Damper, Removal & Installation.-
Pry out the crankshaft front oil seal using a suitable pry tool. Use care not to damage the front cover or crankshaft.
- Lubricate the new oil seal with clean engine oil.
- Align Special Tool J-35468 and the crankshaft front oil seal with the engine front cover and crankshaft.
- Tap the oil seal into position and remove the installer tool.
- Install the crankshaft balancer.
Start the engine and check for leaks.