Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the transaxle assembly.
Use Special Tool J-37096 to secure the flywheel to prevent the crankshaft from rotating.
- Loosen the flywheel bolts.
- Remove 5 of the 6 flywheel bolts leaving one bolt at the top of the crankshaft.
- Grip the flywheel and remove the remaining bolt. Do not drop the flywheel when removing the final bolt.
- Remove the engine flywheel.
- Clean the engine flywheel bolt threads and bolt holes.
- Position the flywheel to the crankshaft.
- Install the flywheel bolts finger tight.
- Use Special Tool J-37096 to secure the flywheel to prevent the crankshaft from rotating.
- Tighten the flywheel bolts to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Install the transaxle assembly.