Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the lower control arm.
- Place the control arm in a vise.
- Drill or grind off the ball stud rivet heads and use a punch to remove the rivets.
Remove the ball joint from the lower control arm
- Install the ball joint using new fasteners facing down away from the joint and tighten to 50 ft. lbs. (63 Nm)
- Install the lower control arm.
Road test the vehicle and check the front wheel alignment and adjust if necessary.