Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
When replacing the fuel injector O-rings install the brown O-ring in the lower position. The lower O-ring uses a nylon collar to properly position it on the injector. Be sure to install the O-ring backup or the sealing O-ring may move when the injector is installed to the fuel rail. If the sealing ring is not seated properly, a vacuum leak is possible thus causing driveability complaints.
Install or connect the following:
Upper O-ring to the fuel injector
Prime the fuel system as follows:
- Turn the ignition switch ON for two seconds.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF for 10 seconds.
- Turn the ignition switch ON and checks for leaks. Repair if necessary.