Remove the accessory drive belt from the pump.
Remove the pressure hose from the pump.
- Remove the return hose from the pump.
Remove the bolts from the pump.
- Remove the power steering pump from the vehicle.
- Remove the power steering pump pulley from the pump.
- Remove the reservoir from the pump.
- Install the reservoir to the pump.
- Install the power steering pump pulley.
Install the pump to the vehicle.
NOTEUse the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
- Install the power steering pump bolts, and tighten the power steering pump bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install the return hose to the pump.
- Install the pressure hose to the pump.
- Install the drive belt.
- Fill the power steering system.
- Bleed the power steering system.
- Inspect the system for leaks.