Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Brake hose bracket screw from the control arm
Install or connect the following:
Insulators and springs on the rear axle with the paint stripe is facing rearward
- Remove the axle supports.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies, making location reference marks on wheel to hub and on each retainer for reinstallation reference.
- Remove the brake calipers. See Disc Brakes.
- Remove the parking brake cable mounting bracket. See Parking Brake.
- Remove the brake caliper mounting bracket. See Disc Brakes.
- Disconnect the ABS electrical connector from the wheel speed sensor.
- Remove the ABS electrical connector mounting bracket.
- Use the utility jack in order to support the lower control arm.
- Remove the stabilizer link from the lower control arm.
- Use the J 41820 in order to disconnect the ball joint from the knuckle.
- Use the utility jack in order to lower the lower control arm and relieve the coil spring tension.
Remove the coil spring.