A Schrader valve is provided on these fuel systems to conveniently test or release the system pressure. A fuel pressure gauge and adapter will be necessary to connect the gauge to the fitting. Most of the MFI systems utilize a service valve on one end of the fuel rail assembly.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to relieve tank vapor pressure.
- Connect a fuel pressure gauge to the connector. Wrap a shop towel around the fittings to prevent spillage.
- Install the bleed hose into an approved container and open the valve.
- Drain any remaining fuel from the pressure gauge.
- When fuel service is finished, tighten the fuel filler cap and connect the negative battery cable.