Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2000
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the key.
- On vehicles equipped with a driver's side impact air bag, the air bag is built into the side of the seat facing the door. Move the driver's seat back as far as possible to gain access to the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector. Attach the driver's side impact air bag yellow 2-way connector and install the CPA pin to verify the connection is secure.
- Attach the frontal air bags yellow 4-way connector located at the right side of the instrument panel and install the CPA pin to verify the connection is secure. Attach the 4-way connector to the metal rail.
- Install the right side instrument panel access hole cover.
- Install the AIR BAG fuse (may also be identified as SIR or SDM fuse) to the left side fuse block. Install the instrument panel access hole cover.
- Staying well away from both air bags, turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Verify that the AIR BAG warning lamp flashes seven times and then stays off. If the AIR BAG warning lamp does not operate as described, an SIR Diagnostic System Check will be required at an authorized dealership. A scan tool is required to check out the SIR system.