Buick Century 1997-2000
Buick Regal 1997-2000
Chevrolet Lumina 1997-2000
Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1997-2000
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 1997
Oldsmobile Intrigue 1998-2000
Pontiac Grand Prix 1997-2000
The inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) maintains a reserve energy supply. When the vehicle power is insufficient to cause deployment of the air bags, the reserve energy supply provides the deployment power. Deployment power is available for as many as 10 minutes after disconnecting the vehicle power by any of the following methods:
Performing the following procedure prevents deploying of the air bags from the reserve energy supply power.
Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2000
- Turn the steering wheel to center the front wheels in the straight ahead position.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and remove the key.
- Remove the left side instrument panel access hole cover.
- Remove the AIR BAG fuse (may also be identified as SIR or SDM fuse) from the fuse block.
- Remove the right side instrument panel access hole cover.
- Unclip the frontal air bag's yellow 4-way connector from the metal rail.
- Locate and remove the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) pin which locks the connector together, and separate the front air bag's yellow 4-way connector.
- On vehicles equipped with a driver's side impact air bag, the air bag is built into the side of the seat facing the door. Move the driver's seat back as far as possible to gain access to the driver side air bag yellow 2-way connector. Detach the driver's side impact air bag yellow 2-way connector.