Removal & Installation
The MAF sensor is located on the air intake housing. Most MAF sensors have a fine mesh screen in front. Use care not to damage the screen when working around the MAF sensor and/or the air intake ducting. Do not allow the sensing elements to touch anything (including solvents and lubricant). Do not drop or handle roughly the MAF sensor. A damaged screen could restrict airflow and lead to a driveability problem.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Detach the electrical connector.
- Remove the air inlet duct from the MAF sensor and remove the MAF from the air intake duct.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Note that the MAF sensor may have an air flow direction arrow (usually located on top of the MAF sensor). The MAF sensor must be mounted with the arrow pointing towards the throttle body.
- Take care to ensure that the MAF sensor locating tabs and the locating slots of the intake air ducts line up before connecting the MAF sensor and the intake air ducts.
- Make sure the MAF sensor is seated in the air inlet grommet and that the electrical connection is secure.