Buick Century 1997-2000
Buick Regal 1997-2000
Chevrolet Lumina 1997-2000
Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1997-2000
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 1997
Oldsmobile Intrigue 1998-2000
Pontiac Grand Prix 1997-2000
- With the engine cool, remove the radiator cap by slowly rotating the cap counter-clockwise to the detent (a stop that will prevent further turning). Do not press down while rotating the pressure cap. Wait until any residual pressure (indicated by a hissing sound) is relieved. After all hissing stops, continue to rotate counter-clockwise until the cap is removed.
- Place a drain pan under the vehicle to collect all of the drained coolant.
- Open the radiator drain valve located at the bottom of the radiator tank. For procedures requiring the cooling system to be partially drained, opening the radiator drain valve should provide sufficient draining and no further action should be necessary.
- Locate and open the air bleed vent(s). They are generally located on the thermostat housing. The air bleed vent should be opened two to three turns.
- Allow the coolant to completely drain from the radiator.
- Close the radiator drain valve.
Slowly fill the cooling system through the radiator neck using the following procedure:
- If the coolant system has been flushed (block drains opened), first add 100% DEX-COOL®. For the 3.1L engine, use 5.8 quarts; for the 3.8L engines, use 5.3 quarts; for the 3.4L engine, use 6.1 quarts.
- Then slowly add clean water to the system until the level of the coolant mixture has reached the base of the radiator neck.
- Wait for two minutes and recheck the level of the coolant mixture, and add clean water if necessary to restore the coolant mixture level to the base of the radiator neck.
- If the cooling system is being refilled ONLY (no flush), simply use a 50/50 mix of coolant and water to refill.
- Install the radiator cap making certain that the arrows line up with the overflow tube.
- Close the air bleed valve(s). DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. The bleed valve is made of brass and easily damaged.
- Fill the coolant reservoir as required to bring the 50/50 mix to the COLD level mark on the reservoir.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.