Removal & Installation
- Remove the valve rocker arm cover(s).
- Remove the rocker arm pedestal retaining bolt(s) and remove the rocker arm(s).
- Remove the rocker arm bearing(s) and the retainer plate, if necessary.
- Clean all parts well. Clean all thread-locking compound from the bolts. Use compressed air to blow oil out of the threaded holes in the cylinder head.
- Install the pushrod(s).
- Install the retainer(s). Make sure the arrows on the retainer(s) point toward the center of the engine.
- Install the rocker arm(s) and the bearing(s) and the pedestal bolt(s).
- Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (15 Nm). Then, using a torque angle meter, rotate the bolts an additional 90 degrees.
- Install the remaining components in the reverse order of the removal process.