Removal & Installation
- Obtain the THEFTLOCK® codes and radio station presets before attempting to remove the radio, if applicable.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the trim plate bezel from around the radio using the following procedure.
- Adjust the steering wheel for access.
- Remove the ignition switch cylinder bezel.
- Remove the left side instrument panel fuse block access opening cover.
- Remove the instrument panel cluster trim plate screws.
- Starting at the right side of the instrument panel cluster trim plate, grasp the trim plate and carefully pull rearward. Continue working around the trim plate until all of the retainers are released from the trim pad.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the hazard switch and remove the trim plate from the vehicle.
- Remove the screws from the radio and pull the radio gently from the instrument panel.
- Detach the instrument panel wiring harness connector and the antenna cable connector from the radio.
Installation is the reverse of the removal process, noting the following:
- After the electrical connection is secure and the antenna cable is connected, find the radio locator tab.
- If the locator tab is difficult to align to the instrument panel locator opening, pull the radio towards you and reposition the antenna cable.
- Gently install the radio to the instrument panel, aligning the radio locator tab to the instrument panel locator opening while carefully pressing the radio into the instrument panel until fully seated.
- Install the trim plate bezel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Unlock the THEFTLOCK® radio (if applicable).
- Program the radio stations back into the radio as recorded at the beginning of this procedure (if applicable).