Buick Century 1997-2000
Buick Regal 1997-2000
Chevrolet Lumina 1997-2000
Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1997-2000
Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 1997
Oldsmobile Intrigue 1998-2000
Pontiac Grand Prix 1997-2000
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the fuel tank filler pipe cap.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the fuel tank filler pipe EVAP pipe restraints.
- Clean the fuel tank filler pipe EVAP pipe connection and the surrounding area before disconnecting the fuel tank filler pipe to avoid possible contamination of the fuel system. Loosen the fuel tank filler pipe EVAP pipe hose clamp.
- Wrap a clean shop cloth around the EVAP pipe and slowly remove the pipe from the filler pipe.
- GM recommends a hand-operated fuel pump device to drain the fuel through the EVAP pipe into an approved container.