Removal & Installation
The trailing arms are the inverted U-shape arms that go from the rear suspension knuckle back to a body mount bracket.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Detach the ABS electrical harness.
- Disconnect the trailing arm from the knuckle.
- Remove the trailing arm bracket-to-body bolts.
- Disconnect the trailing arm from the bracket.
- Remove the trailing arm from the vehicle.
Installation is the reverse of the removal process. Use the following torque specifications:
- Tighten the bracket bolt to 77 ft. lbs. (105 Nm).
- Tighten the trailing arm bracket-to-body bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Tighten the trailing arm-to-knuckle nut to 192 ft. lbs. (260 Nm).