- Make sure the negative battery cable is disconnected.
- Turn the ignition key to the ON position and exit the vehicle.
- After making sure that no one is in the vehicle reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Check the airbag Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL). The lamp should stay on for several seconds after the battery is reconnected and then the lamp should go out.
If the lamp fails to light, flashes or stays on constantly:
- Connect a scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC), located at the right side of the steering column and at the lower edge of the lower instrument panel and check the Airbag Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) memory and make repairs as necessary.