- Raise vehicle on hoist.
- Disconnect the speed sensor connector.
- Clean area around speed sensor before removing.
- Remove speed sensor retaining bolt.
- Remove speed sensor from transaxle, carefully so that sensor drive gear does not fall into transaxle. Should sensor drive gear fall into the transaxle during sensor removal, drive gear must be reattached to sensor.
- Remove speed sensor drive gear from speed sensor.
- Install pinion gear to speed sensor.
- Using a NEW O-ring, install the speed sensor to the transaxle.
- Install the bolt and torque to 7 Nm (60 inch lbs.).
- Connect speed sensor connector.
Lower vehicle and road test to verify proper speedometer operation.