- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Remove electrical connector from idle air control motor.
- Remove idle air control motor mounting screws.
- Remove motor from throttle body. Ensure the O-ring is removed with the motor.
The new idle air control motor has a new O-ring installed on it. If pintle measures more than 1 inch (25 mm) it must be retracted. Use the scan tool Idle Air Control Motor Open/Close test to retract the pintle (battery must be connected.).
- Carefully place idle air control motor into throttle body.
- Install mounting screws. Tighten screws to 4.5 Nm (40 inch lbs.) torque.
- Connect electrical connector to idle air control motor.
- Connect negative cable to battery