Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the right side wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the right inner splash shield.
- Remove the accessory drive belts.
Break the crankshaft damper bolt loose, but do not remove it.
Attach a suitable 3-arm puller to the crankshaft damper, then tighten the center bolt and remove the damper bolt and damper.
Lubricate the threads of the M12 1.75 x 150 mm bolt using Mopar® Nickel Anti-seize Compound or equivalent, before beginning to press the damper on.
Install the crankshaft damper using M12-1.75 x 150mm bolt, washer, thrust bearing and nut from the crankshaft damper installation tool kit 6792 or equivalent.
- Install the crankshaft damper bolt and tighten to 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Install the accessory drive belts.
- Install the right inner splash shield.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then connect the negative battery cable.