Removal & Installation
- Switch ignition OFF .
- Unplug the switch electrical connector.
Remove the switch from the vehicle.
- Install the switch in the vehicle and tighten securely.
- Attach the electrical connector to the switch.
- Switch ignition ON and check for proper function of oil pressure warning lamp.
The low oil pressure warning lamp will illuminate when the ignition switch is turned to the ON position without the engine running. The lamp also illuminates if the engine oil pressure drops below a safe oil pressure level. To test the system, perform the following:
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
- If the lamp does not light, check for a broken or disconnected wire at the front of the engine.
- If the wire at the connector checks out OK, pull the connector loose from the switch and, with a jumper wire, ground the connector to the engine.
- With the ignition switch turned to the ON position, check the warning lamp. If the lamp still fails to light, check for a burned out lamp or disconnected socket in the instrument cluster.