Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
Remove the caliper from the vehicle, suspending it from the body with a suitable piece of wire. Do NOT disconnect the brake line, or allow the caliper to hang from the brake hose.
- For SRT-4 vehicles slide the caliper outward to retract the caliper piston into its bore. Remove the two bolts securing disc brake caliper adapter to the steering knuckle and remove the disc brake caliper and adapter from the knuckle as an assembly
- If there is a retaining clip on one of the wheel studs remove and discard it.
Remove the brake rotor from the hub by pulling it straight off the wheel lug studs.
- Install the rotor on the hub, making sure it is squarely seated on the face of the hub.
Install the front disc brake caliper. It may be necessary to retract the brake caliper piston back into the caliper to fit the shoes onto the rotor.
- For SRT-4 vehicles install the brake caliper and adapter assembly.
- Install wheel and tire assembly and torque lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs (135 Nm)
- Depress brake pedal several times to set the brake pads to the rotor.
- Check and adjust brake fluid level as necessary
- Road test vehicle and check for proper brake function.