Do not allow fuel spray or fuel vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher nearby. Never store fuel in an open container due to risk of fire or explosion.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the quick-connect fuel supply line from the filter/regulator nipple.
Depress the locking spring tab, located on the side of the fuel filter/regulator, then rotate 90 degrees and pull out. Be sure the upper and lower O-rings are still on the filter assembly.
- Lightly coat the filter O-rings with clean engine oil. Insert the filter into the opening in the fuel pump module, then align the 2 hold-down tabs with the flange.
- While applying downward pressure, rotate the filter clockwise until the spring tab catches in the locating slot.
- Attach the fuel line to the filter/regulator assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.