- Remove fuel pump module. Refer to Fuel Pump Module in this section.
- Depress retaining tab and remove the fuel pump/level sensor connector from the bottom of the fuel pump module electrical connector.
- Pull off blue locking wedge.
- Using a small screwdriver lift locking finger away from terminal and push terminal out of connector.
- Push level sensor signal and ground terminals out of the connector.
- Slide level sensor wires through opening fuel pump module.
Slide level sensor out of installation channel in module.
- Insert level sensor wires into bottom of opening in module.
- Wrap wires into groove in back of level sensor.
- While feeding wires into guide grooves, slide level sensor up into channel until it snaps into place. Ensure tab at bottom of sensor locks in place.
- Install level sensor wires in connector. Push the wires up through the connector and then pull them down until they lock in place. Ensure signal and ground wires are installed in the correct position.
- Install locking wedge on connector.
- Push connector up into bottom of fuel pump module electrical connector.
- Install fuel pump module. Refer to Fuel Pump Module in this section.
The relay is located in the Power Distribution Center (PDC) in the engine compartment. Refer to the underside of the PDC cover for fan relay location. Simply unplug the relay to replace it