Removal & Installation
The ignition switch is attached to the lock cylinder housing on the end opposite the lock cylinder.
Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait at least 2 minutes to allow the air bag system ample time to disarm.
- Place the ignition key in the RUN position. Through the hole in the lower shroud, press the lock cylinder retaining tab, then remove the key cylinder.
Unfasten the retainers, then remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Detach the ignition switch electrical connectors.
Using a #10 Torx® bit, remove the ignition switch mounting screw.
Depress the retaining tabs, then pull the ignition switch from the steering column.
- Make sure the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the actuator shaft in the lock housing is in the RUN position.
Carefully install the ignition switch. The switch will snap over the retaining tabs. Install the mounting screw.
- Attach the ignition switch electrical connectors.
- Install the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Install the ignition key cylinder (the cylinder retaining tab will depress only in the RUN position).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check for proper operation of the ignition switch and key-in warning switch.