Some models covered by this manual may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. Wait at least 2 minutes to allow the air bag system ample time to disarm.
- Remove both upper and lower steering column covers.
Unfasten the multi-function switch mounting screws, then remove the switch from the steering column.
- Install the multi-function switch and secure with the retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the steering covers and tighten the retainers to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.