This procedure only applies to vehicles with rear disc brakes.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the rear disc brake caliper and rotor assembly.
- Remove the dust cap from the hub and bearing assembly.
- Remove the hub and bearing assembly retaining nut and washer.
Remove the rear brake hose hold-down clip.
- Turn the brake shoe adjuster wheel until the adjuster is at its shortest length.
Remove the adjuster from the parking brake shoe assemblies.
Remove the lower shoe-to-shoe spring.
Pull the rear brake shoe assembly away from the anchor. Then, remove the rear brake shoe and upper spring.
Remove the front brake shoe hold-down clip, then remove the front brake shoe assembly.
- Install the front brake shoe and hold-down clip.
- Install the rear brake shoe and the upper brake shoe-to-shoe return spring.
- Pull the rear brake hose over the anchor block until it is properly located on the adapter.
- Install the lower shoe-to-shoe return spring.
- Install the brake shoe adjuster with the star wheel rearward.
- Install the rear brake shoe hold-down clip.
- Adjust the brake shoes to a diameter of 6.75 inch (171mm).
- Install the rear hub and bearing on the spindle. Install a NEW hub and bearing retaining nut, and tighten to 160 ft. lbs. (217 Nm). Install the dust cap.
- Install the rotor and brake caliper assemblies.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly, then carefully lower the vehicle.