Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the caliper from the vehicle, suspending it from the body with a suitable piece of wire. Do NOT disconnect the brake line, or allow the caliper to hang from the brake hose.
- If there is a retaining clip on one of the wheel studs remove and discard it.
Remove the brake rotor from the hub by pulling it straight off the wheel lug studs.
- Install the rotor on the hub, making sure it is squarely seated on the face of the hub.
- Install the front disc brake caliper. It may be necessary to retract the brake caliper piston back into the caliper to fit the shoes onto the rotor.
- Install wheel and tire assembly and torque lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs (135 Nm)
- Depress brake pedal several times to set the brake pads to the rotor.
- Check and adjust brake fluid level as necessary
- Road test vehicle and check for proper brake function.