Relieve the fuel system pressure before servicing any components of the fuel system. Service vehicles in well ventilated areas and avoid ignition sources. NEVER smoke while servicing the vehicle!
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove the fuel pump relay from the Power Distribution Center (PDC). Location of the relay can be found on a label on the underside of the PDC cover.
NOTERemoval of the fuel pump relay may cause Diagnostic Trouble Code(s) (DTCs) to set. You must use a DRB® scan tool to clear codes if necessary.
- Start the engine and let run until it stalls.
- Try to start the engine again until it will no longer run.
- Turn the ignition key OFF .
- Place a shop towel below the fuel line quick-connect fitting at the fuel rail.
- Put the fuel pump relay back in the PDC.
- The vehicle is now safe for servicing.