There is no practical way to test the ABS control module in the field. If a preliminary check of all power and ground circuits yields normal results, and all components connected to the control module are functioning properly, the ABS control module may be faulty.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The ABS control module is located under the driver's side of the dashboard on Altima, and at the driver's side of the trunk, behind a filler panel on the 240SX.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and disconnect the ABS electric harnesses.
- Remove the control module mounting screws.
- Remove the control module.
- Install the control module and tighten the mounting screws securely.
- Connect the ABS electric harnesses.
- Connect the negative battery cable.