- Unfasten the wheel sensor electrical connector.
- Measure the resistance between the sensor terminals. Resistance should be 0.6-3.3 kilohms on 240SX or 1.0-1.25 kilohms on Altima.
- If resistance is not within specification, the sensor may be faulty.
- If resistance is within specification, check and repair circuits back to the control module.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
On the Altima, wheel sensors are located at each wheel, mounted to the knuckle. On 240SX, the front wheel sensors are located at each wheel, mounted to the knuckle. The rear wheel sensor is located at the differential housing, mounted near the driveshaft.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Unfasten the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the sensor mounting bolt.
- Carefully remove the sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten the mounting bolts to 13-17 ft. lbs. (18-24 Nm) for all sensors except front ones on the 240SX. Tighten the 240SX front sensor bolts to 8-12 ft. lbs. (11-16 Nm).