REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The switch unit is bolted to the transmission case, behind the transmission shift lever. The switch prevents the engine from being started in any transmission position except P or N . It also controls the back-up lights.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the manual control linkage from the manual shaft.
- Remove the switch attaching bolts.
- Remove the switch from the transmission.
- Install the switch on the transmission and hand-tighten the attaching bolts.
- Adjust the switch and tighten the bolts securely.
- Connect the manual control linkage to the manual shaft.
- Adjust the manual control linkage as necessary.
- Lower the vehicle.
See Figure 2
- Place the transmission selector lever in N .
- Loosen the attaching bolts.
- With an aligning pin (2.0mm diameter) installed in the switch, move the switch until the pin falls into the hole in the rotor.
- Tighten the attaching bolts securely.
- Ensure that the engine will start only in P or N .
- Ensure that the back-up lights go on only in R .