REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Before loosening the exhaust pipe retaining nuts/bolts, soak them with penetrating oil.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe from the exhaust manifold.
On California models equipped with A/T and on all M/T equipped models, disconnect the exhaust pipe at the exhaust manifold collector.
- Label and disconnect the oxygen sensor electrical harness.
- Remove the exhaust manifold cover.
- Remove the EGR tube from the exhaust manifold.
- Remove the exhaust manifold nuts/bolts in reverse order of their tightening sequence.
- Remove the exhaust manifold from the vehicle.
- Throughly clean all gasket mating surfaces. Check the exhaust manifold and cylinder head for flatness and compare the measurements with those in the Specifications chart, later in this section. Repair or replace components as necessary.
- Position the exhaust manifold on the engine using new gaskets. Tighten the nuts/bolts evenly in sequence until snug. Then tighten the nuts/bolts to 4-35 ft. lbs. (37-48 Nm).
- Position the EGR tube on the exhaust manifold and tighten the tube nuts to 6-36 ft. lbs. (39-49 Nm).
- Install the exhaust manifold cover and the tighten bolts to 46-57 inch lbs. (5-7 Nm).
- Connect the oxygen sensor electrical harness.
- Connect the exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold using a new gasket. Tighten the mounting nuts/bolts to 10-44 ft. lbs. (45-60 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks.