REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The terms flywheel and flexplate are used interchangeably in this guide. Technically, a flywheel is used with a manual transmission/transaxle and a flexplate is used with an automatic transmission/transaxle.
- Remove the transaxle or transmission from the vehicle.
- Matchmark the flywheel to the crankshaft for installation reference.
- Remove the flywheel (flexplate) retaining bolts.
- Remove the flywheel (flexplate).
- Inspect the rear main seal thoroughly. This is the time to replace a leaky seal.
- Position the flywheel on the crankshaft and install the retaining bolts.
- Tighten the bolts to 105-112 ft. lbs. (142-152 Nm) in a crisscross pattern.
- Install the transaxle or transmission.