REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the crankshaft damper.
- Using a suitable tool, pry the oil seal from the front cover.
When removing the oil seal, be careful not to gouge or scratch the seal bore or crankshaft surfaces.
- Wipe the seal bore with a clean rag.
- Lubricate the lip of the new seal with clean engine oil.
- Install the seal into the front cover with a suitable seal driver.
Be sure to install the seal with the oil seal lip facing the engine block.
- Install the crankshaft damper.