REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- If necessary to gain access, unbolt and set aside the power steering pump.
Do not disconnect the power steering pressure hoses or drain the system.
- Disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses, along with the coolant overflow reservoir hose.
- Label and disconnect all appropriate electrical harnesses.
- Remove the fan/shroud assembly.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle/transmission, disconnect and cap the oil cooling lines at the radiator.
- Remove the radiator support brackets.
- Remove the radiator assembly.
Be sure the rubber mounting bushings are in position before the radiator is installed.
- Position the radiator in the vehicle.
- Install the radiator support brackets and tighten the mounting nuts to 29-3 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm) on Altima and 34-6 inch lbs. (4-5 Nm) on 26SX.
- Install the fan motor to the shroud assembly. Tighten the fan shroud mounting bolts to 29-3 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm) on Altima and 34-6 inch lbs. (4-5 Nm) on 26SX.
- Connect the electrical harnesses.
- Connect the upper and lower radiator hoses, along with the coolant overflow reservoir hose.
- Install the power steering pump, if removed.
- Refill and bleed the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.