REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open and support the hood.
- Matchmark the hood hinges to the hood for installation reference.
- Note the spacing between the front fender and hood for alignment reference.
- Protect the body with a cover to prevent damage to the paint.
- Remove the hood hinge-to-hood attaching bolts.
Take care not to let the hood slip when the bolts are removed.
- Remove the hood from the vehicle.
- Position the hood on the vehicle and hand-tighten the retaining bolts.
- Align the matchmarks and tighten the hood hinge bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm) on Altima or 15-20 ft. lbs. (21-26 Nm) on 240SX models.
- Carefully lower the hood to check for proper alignment.
- Adjust the hood alignment as necessary.
See Figures 1 and 2
- The hood can be adjusted fore-and-aft and side-to-side by loosening the hood hinge retaining bolts.
- Reposition the hood as required and tighten the hood hinge bolts to 12-14 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm) on Altima or 15-20 ft. lbs. (21-26 Nm) on 240SX models.
- To raise or lower the hood in relation to the fenders, add spacers between the hood and hinges.
- Check the hood lock (striker) alignment for proper hood closing, and adjust as necessary.