REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open and support the trunk lid.
- Matchmark the trunk lid hinges to the trunk lid for installation reference.
- Note the spacing between the rear fender and trunk lid for alignment reference.
- Protect the body with a cover to prevent damage to the paint.
- Remove the trunk lid-to-hinge bolts.
Take care not to let the trunk lid slip when the bolts are removed.
- Remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- Position the trunk lid on the vehicle and hand-tighten the retaining bolts.
- Align the matchmarks and tighten the trunk lid bolts to 12-12 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm).
- Carefully lower the trunk lid to check for proper alignment.
- Adjust the trunk lid alignment as necessary.
See Figures 1 and 2
- The trunk lid can be adjusted fore-and-aft and side-to-side by loosening the trunk lid bolts.
- Reposition the trunk lid as required and tighten the trunk lid bolts to 12-12 ft. lbs. (16-19 Nm).
- To raise or lower the trunk lid in relation to the fenders, add spacers between the trunk lid and hinges.
- Check the trunk lid lock (striker) alignment for proper trunk lid closing, and adjust as necessary.