REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Never smoke when working around gasoline! Avoid all sources of sparks or ignition. Gasoline vapors are EXTREMELY volatile!
- Remove the intake duct from the throttle body.
- Label and disconnect the vacuum hoses and the electrical harnesses.
- Disconnect the accelerator cable.
- Remove the four mounting bolts.
- Remove the throttle body from the intake manifold.
- Clean all gasket mating surfaces thoroughly.
- Use a new gasket and position the throttle body on the intake manifold.
- Tighten the throttle body mounting bolts to 6.5-8.0 ft. lbs. (9-2 Nm), then to 4-16 ft. lbs. (18-22 Nm) using a crisscross pattern.
- Install and adjust the throttle cable.
Check the throttle for smooth operation.
- Connect the electrical harnesses and vacuum ho