REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the shift lever and control housing from the transmission.
- Remove the crankshaft position sensor from the upper side of the transmission case.
- Remove the clutch operating cylinder.
- Label and disconnect the electrical harnesses.
- Remove the starter motor.
- Remove the driveshaft and plug the rear of the transmission to prevent fluid loss.
Take care to not damage the spline, sleeve yoke or rear oil seal when removing the propeller shaft.
- Remove the engine and transmission gussets.
- Remove the exhaust pipe mounting bracket.
- Support the transmission with a suitable jack.
- Remove the rear transmission mounting bracket.
- Lower the transmission as much as possible without putting undue stress on other components.
- Remove the transmission-to-engine attaching bolts.
- Pull the transmission back and away from the engine, then lower it from the vehicle.
Position the transmission on the engine and install the transmission-to-engine attaching bolts. Tighten the bolts as follows:
- Tighten bolts labeled No. 1 and 2 to 29-32 ft. lbs. (39-49 Nm).
- Tighten all other bolts to 22-29 ft. lbs. (29-39 Nm).Bolts are of varying lengths. Install the bolts in their proper positions.
- The remainder of the installation procedure is the reverse of removal.