REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Loosen the drive pinion nut. A companion flange holding tool can be manufactured from a piece of steel.
- Matchmark and remove the companion flange, using a jaw type puller.
- Remove the front oil seal from the differential carrier.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the sealing lips of the oil seal.
- Press the front oil seal into the carrier using a seal driver.
- Install the companion flange and drive pinion nut.
- Tighten the drive pinion nut to 137-217 ft. lbs. (186-294 Nm).
- Install the driveshaft.