REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 , 2 and 3
On the Altima, the sway bar is attached to the lower portion of the strut. On the 240SX, the sway bar is attached to the lower arm. Even though the attachment points are different, the sway bar still functions and is serviced in the same manner.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Disconnect the sway bar links from the sway bar.
- Remove the sway bar brackets.
- Remove the sway bar.
- Position the sway bar.
- Install the sway bar brackets and tighten the bolts to 30-35 ft. lbs. (41-1 Nm) on the Altima or 32-41 ft. lbs. (43-55 Nm) on the 240SX.
- Lower the vehicle.
- With the vehicle at ride height, connect the sway bar links and tighten the nuts to 30-35 ft. lbs. (41-1 Nm) on the Altima or 78-104 inch lbs. (9-12 Nm) on the 240SX.