The air cleaner contains a dry paper element that keeps most dirt and dust from entering the engine. The paper element should be replaced every 30,000 miles (48,300 km).
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Release the retaining clips and remove the air cleaner cover.
- Position the cover aside.
- Remove the air cleaner element.
Replace the element at the manufacturer's recommended intervals, or if it has become clogged. Shake any loose dirt from the air cleaner element, then shine a light through the element. If the light is not visible, replace the element with a new one.To install:
- Clear the air cleaner box of debris.
- Install the new or reusable filter element.
- Replace the cover and fasten the clips.