REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disable the air bag system by disconnecting the negative battery cable and waiting at least 10 minutes, prior to starting this procedure.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the steering column covers.
At this point, the individual switch assemblies can be removed without removing the combination switch base assembly. To service an individual switch/stalk assembly, disconnect the electrical lead and remove the two stalk-to-base mounting screws. If the switch base must be removed, proceed with the remainder of the removal procedure.
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the switch.
- Remove the retaining screws, push down on the base of the switch with moderate pressure, then twist the switch and pull it from the steering wheel shaft.
- Install the switch on the steering shaft and tighten the retaining screws.
Many vehicles have turn signal switches with a tab that must fit into a hole in the steering shaft. This fit is necessary in order for the system to return the switch to the neutral position after the turn has been made. Be sure to align the tab and the hole when installing the combination switch.
- Connect the electrical harness to the switch.
- Install the steering column covers.
- Install the steering wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the switch functions for proper operation.